The LiveTiles news tiles allows you to be able to use pages and site pages library in order to list pages.
How to set up.
In order to set up News Tiles being able to read ASPX pages, you will need to turn on Publishing for your sites. This is for metadata to be collected against the pages allowing the news lists to be able to pick up relevant information about the page to publish against the list.
To turn on publishing for a site/site collection, you will need to follow these instructions:
1. From any page in the site collection, you will need to open up the cog in the top right corner and click on Site Settings.
2. On the Site Settings page, in the Site Actions section, click Manage site features.
3. On the Site Features page, next to SharePoint Server Publishing, click Activate.
Once publishing has been set up for the site, you will be able to point the news list to any list/library which has an ASPX page and it will show up in the list.
If, however, you aren't able to turn on the SharePoint Publishing, you will be able to extend out the wiki page type by adding in the following items:
- LtArticleByLine: Single Line of Text
- LtPublishingPageImage: Image with publishing
To add these fields to the wiki page, you will first need to add them as site columns. To do this, you will need to go to the site settings. Here, you will need to go to the site columns under web designer galleries. Here under create, add in the following fields to the custom section. Once these have been added, you will need to go back to the site settings and go to site content types. Here, open up the wiki pages and under Columns, go to the add from existing site columns and add them here. Once these have been added, you will need to resave the pages in order for the pages to be indexed.